The vision of the Cornell University's Nutrient Management Spear Program is to assess current knowledge, identify research and educational needs, conduct applied, field and laboratory-based research, facilitate technology and knowledge transfer, and aid in the on-farm implementation of beneficial strategies for field crop nutrient management, including timely
application of organic and inorganic nutrient sources to improve profitability and competitiveness of New York State farms while protecting the environment. For more information about our program activities see the latest (3-2-2013)
- Winter Small Grains to Boost Feed Supply: Not Just a Cover Crop Anymore! and Cover Crop Survey Results.
- New York P Index Survey: What Caused Impressive Improvements in the NYS P Balance?
- State, Regional and farm-scale nutrient balances: Tools for enhanced efficiency of whole-farm nutrient use.
- 2013 NRCCA Annual Training. DoubleTree, Syracuse, NY. December 3-5, 2013.
- Field Crop Dealer Meetings and NYSABA Annual Meeting. Genesee Grande, Syracuse, NY. December 11-12, 2013.