2017 New York On-Farm Research Partnership Projects
There is great power in coordinated on-farm research where field data are generated through well designed, repeated and widely implemented trials, with proper data collection and statistically valid analyses.
Consider being an on-farm research partner! Our motto is: "Relevant Questions and Sound Science for Agricultural Profitability and Protection of the Environment".
The On-Farm Research Partnership is a partnership of producers, the Cornell Nutrient Management Spear Program, PRODAIRY, Cornell Cooperative Extension, crop and nutrient management consulting firms, and other farm advisors and agencies. We aim to establish a statewide research partnership that enables us to pose relevant question (farmer and farm advisor driven priorities) and get these questions answered efficiently (large datasets), aiding in development of science-based guidance and implementation of both on-farm and whole-farm nutrient management practices.
2017 On-Farm Research Projects
- Whole Farm Nutrient Balance Assessment (Looking for farms!)
- Nitrogen Needs of Winter Cereals as Double Crop in Corn Rotations
- Updating of the New York Corn Yield Potential Database (Looking for farms!)
- Greenseeker Project; Crop Sensing for On-the-Go Nitrogen Management
- Nitrogen and Harvest Time for Brachytic Dwarf Brown Midrib Forage Sorghum in Double Crop Rotations
Recently Completed On-Farm Research Projects
- Nitrogen Credits of Cover Crops in Corn Silage Rotations
- Sulfur and Potassium Status of Alfalfa
- Calibration of Forage Yield Monitors for Corn Silage and Alfalfa/Grass
- Agronomy Factsheet #68: On-Farm Research.
- Agronomy Factsheet #69: Adaptive Nutrient Management Process.
If you would like to receive more information, have suggestions for future projects, or have questions, contact Quirine Ketterings (firstname.lastname@example.org or 607-255-3061). You can also write to: Quirine Ketterings, Nutrient Management Spear Program, Department of Animal Science, Cornell University, 323 Morrison Hall, Ithaca NY 14853.